The Peninsula Room opened its welcoming doors in the spring of 2009. Since its opening, it has hosted hundred of weddings and private events. This spacious facility features all the modern amenities you would expect in a large format event space with up north elegance. But, as part of the historic Bowers Harbor Inn complex, the space is imbued with all the charm, intimacy and beauty that the north woods can provide.
THE HISTORIC BOWERS HARBOR INN
Built in the 1880’s and remodeled in the 1920’s as a summer retreat for Chicago lumber baron J.W. Stickney and his wife Genevieve, Bowers Harbor Inn sits peacefully along West Grand Traverse Bay amidst the majestic oaks and pines of Old Mission Peninsula. After years as one of the Midwest’s most respected fine dining destinations, Bowers Harbor Inn was purchased in 2006 by Jon Carlson and Greg Lobdell, two natives of Old Mission Peninsula. It is the goal of Jon and Greg to renovate and preserve the Inn as a historic site and award-winning restaurant.